Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Vegetable Dip , plus Lawry's Seasoning Salt Recipe


We were invited to a lovely potluck last week.  The hostess asked if we could bring a vegetable platter -- how fitting for us!  I always try to bring something healthy to a potluck, as we are not big dessert eaters & there seems to always be plenty of those.  We are not veggie dip people either, but I went scouring the Internet for some homemade recipes, realizing that most others enjoy it.  I adapted the following recipe from www.food.com  If you do not have access to fresh herbs, the substitution is 3:1 (fresh to dried).  Therefore for example, if your recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of dried oregano, chop up 3 teaspoons of fresh oregano.

Vegetable Dip
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
3 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
3 tsp fresh dill, chopped
1 tsp seasoning salt (**)
1/2 tsp garlic powder

-----------------------------

Lawry's Seasoning Salt
2 Tbsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cornstarch

I put my extra seasoning salt in an empty glass herb container.  I plan on using it tonight on our fresh tilapia.  I do not know who to credit with the seasoning salt recipe -- it was all over the Internet, so kudos to whoever is responsible!

No comments: