Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fruit Wash-up

Well, I'm back to cooking (clap for Freddie)!  I was given several new recipes from our customers the past couple weeks so I'm excited to try them & then share them here.  Meanwhile, I stumbled on this fruit wash-up on Pinterest.  The idea & picture originally came from www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com (a very interesting blog that I am enjoying).


Last week after returning from the grocery, I cleaned my kitchen sink and filled it with water and one cup of white vinegar.  In went all the fruit, which included apples, grapes, grapefruit, oranges & lemons.  After letting them soak a while (she suggests 10 minutes but I think mine were forsaken for a little longer than that), I rinsed and dried each off.  The residue in the water was most alarming!  The best part was that my "fruit" drawer in the refrigerator was full of items that we could take out and immediately sink our teeth into.  Perhaps I need to get as wise with my vegetables now!

No comments: