Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Another Kale Salad...

Okay, so I love to follow www.iowagirleats.com  It's a food blog.  When I make a new recipe, Freddie now oftens says, "Is this Iowa Girl's?"  And we laugh.  Here's a terrific winner!

Luann's Kale Salad


I didn't do much measuring with mine, except for the dressing.  I'll give you the ingredients and if you want specifics, please visit Kristin's blog (well, visit it anyway, you'll love it!)

Kale (I used all but 5 stalks of our bunches)
1 Apple, cut
Dried cherries
Walnuts (she suggests salted peanuts)
Red Onion

Dressing:
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
Pepper

Clean & tear up the kale.  Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the kale and massage it for about two minutes.  This breaks down the kale a bit.  Stir in ingredients & toss with the dressing.
Oh, so good!!  Enjoy!

No comments: