Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

I forgot to take a picture of mine so found this on www.KatiesCucina.com  Looked very similar.

When I was at my sister's last week, she made a wonderful Black Bean Salad.  She used the following recipe in the salad.  I have since made the salad.   I actually used slightly shriveled cherries tomatoes that did not get eaten in time and it worked perfectly.  So, never throw a cherry tomato away!  I had leftover roasted tomatoes so another day I steamed broccoli & then tossed them in at the last minute.  It was delicious! 

Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
350 F oven, put rack on top 1/3

1 pint basket of Cherry Tomatoes, stemmed
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 T natural cane sugar or maple syrup
Sea salt

Slice tomatoes in half and put in a large rimmed baking sheet.  In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sugar & a scant 1/2 teaspoon salt.  Pour the mixture over tomatoes and gently toss until everything is well coated.  Arrange the tomatoes cut-side up and roast 45-60 minutes until the tomatoes shrink a bit and start to caramelize around the edges.  If not using immediately, let them cool and scrape (with oil) into a clean glass jar.  Will keep for about one week in the fridge.  Looks very pretty if you use different colors of tomatoes.

Recipe from: Super Natural Everyday by Heidi Swanson

No comments: